Baking and AUER wafers – simply inseparable!
The art of baking lies above all in finding the right mixture – of creaminess and crunch, sweet yet airy and light. With AUER wafers this literally becomes a piece of cake. Just give it a go. You’ll love it!
WAFER CAKE CALRSBAD SYLE
A recipe by Christoph Wagner, Wagners Restaurant Hollabrunn
Ingredients: 150 g butter, 90 g icing sugar, 60 g “Powidl” plum jam, 100 g couverture, 10 g sliced, roasted almonds.
Beat the butter with the sugar, stir in plum jam. Spread the cream thinly on 7 wafer sheets, spread 1 table spoon couverture on top as a second layer. Stack up the 7 coated wafer sheets and top off with the last wafer sheet. Cover top with remaining chocolate, sprinkle with almonds – allow to rest for a good 2 hours in the fridge. May be served as a cake or cut into cubes.
AUER DEKORHIPPEN SEMIFREDDO STRAWBERRY DESSERT
Ingredients: 400 g strawberries, 3 ts sugar, 250 ml cream, 150 ml créme fraiche, 50 g Dekorhippen (wafer rolls), sliced, roasted almonds
Wash and slice strawberries, purée with a blender. Whip cream, fold in sugar, créme fraiche and 300 g strawberry purée. Refridgerate for half an hour. Spread creme in the width of a wafer roll and length to fit on a baking sheet. Alternate layering wafer rolls, remaining strawberry puree and creme. Allow to set in freezer for one hour. Roast almond slices and sprinkle to serve.
Ingredients: 130 g cream cheese, 130 g strawberries, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 packs AUER Tortenecken, powdered sugar, mint leaves
Break AUER Tortenecken into fine crumbs and knead into a mass.
Spread into 1cm thick sheet and cut out round cookies with a 6cm cookie cutter.
Carefully lift the cookies with a spatula and place on a flat sheet.
Refrigerate the sheet with the cookies for at least 30 minutes.
For the cream wash strawberries and cut into very small cubes. Set aside one strawberry for decorating.
Stir the cream cheese until creamy, mix in lemon juice, sugar and strawberry cubes.
Refrigerate the cream also for at least 30 minutes.
Divide cream onto three cookies. Top with another three cookies. If needed smooth out edges. Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes. To finish the sandwiches, dust with powdered sugar, a strawberry piece and a mint leaf each.
Ingredients: 1 lemon, 3 tbsp icing sugar, 200g blueberries, 250ml buttermilk, 350g double cream cheese, 2 packets of AUER Tortenecken
Wash the lemon with hot water, rub dry and finely grate the peel. Juice the lemon. Mix juice with 1⁄2 tbsp powdered sugar. Sort the berries, wash them if necessary and let them drain. Mix the buttermilk with cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the zest of the lemon and 2/3 of the blueberries.
Put the AUER Tortenecken in the freezer bag, close and roughly crumble with a rolling pin. Put the crumbs in a form (18x25cm) and drizzle with sugar-lemon juice. Spread the cream on top. Chill the tiramisu for approx. 1 hour.
Dust the tiramisu with cocoa, sprinkle with the rest of the lemon zest and the remaining berries.
FLUFF MOUSE WITH IC CREAM CONES
Ingredients: 3 tbsp lemon juice, 250g low-fat curd cheese, 88g organic powder erythritol, 4 egg whites, 32g tapioca syrup, 1 packet AUER Eiswaffeln
1. Put the egg whites in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and beat until stiff. Carefully fold in the tapioca syrup, powdered sugar, skimmed curd and lemon juice.
2. Apply layers approx. 1 cm thick on the ice cream cones and top with a large crown. Briefly put the grill function in the oven until the tips of the foam head are slightly brown.
3. Garnish with a filleted lemon or orange wedge.
ICE COOKIE SANDWICH
Ingredients: 1/2 l ice cream, 1 packet AUER Eiswaffeln, 1 packet Auer Baumstämme
1. Crumble Auer Baumstämme with a spoon and then mix with any type of ice cream.
2. Place the resulting ice cream in the freezer for 5 minutes.
3. Apply the ice cream cookie filling to an Auer waffle heart and cover with a second waffle heart.
4. Enjoy quickly before the ice cream cookie sandwich melts.
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE
For the ground: 200g AUER Tortenecken
For the crowd: 200g whipped cream, 600g cream cheese, 200g sour cream, 150g sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, 4 sheets of gelatin, 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Line a medium springform pan with baking paper. Mash the cake corners and place in the springform pan. Press the bottom firmly and chill.
2. Beat the whipped cream until stiff. Dissolve gelatine in lukewarm lemon juice. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla sugar together. Stir in lemon juice and gelatin. Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
3. Pour the mixture on the biscuit base and chill the cake for at least 3 hours, garnish and serve.
200g Auer Baumstämme, 200g dark chocolate, 100g hazelnuts, 3 eggs, 150g flour, 1tsp baking powder, 1pinch of salt, 1tbsp cocoa powder, some butter for the pan
1. 150 g of the dark chocolate with the butter melt in a small saucepan. Chop up tree trunks with a knife and add chopped hazelnuts. Let the mixture cool down a little.
2. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt until frothy. Add the chocolate mass. Flour with baking powder, mix the salt and cocoa powder and mix with the mix the egg mixture. Chop the remaining chocolate and fold into the batter.
3. Pour the dough into the baking tray, smooth it out and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
ALMOND CAKE WITH VANILLA ICE CREAM
6 eggs, 375 g powdered sugar, 375 g ground almonds, vanilla ice cream,
100 g Auer cake wedges à la Mozart
1. Beat six eggs in a large bowl with the mixer or food processor for a few minutes until you have a neatly frothy mixture.
2. Mix the powdered sugar, almonds and chopped up cake wedges with
the eggs. Continue mixing until you have a viscous dough.
3. Butter a springform pan, pour in the dough and bake for approx. 45
minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
4. Decorate the cake with almonds and serve with a vanilla ice cream ball.
WAFER LOG AND QUARK CREAM
Ingredients: 125g quark (20%), 125g creamy yoghurt, 30g icing sugar, 100g wafer logs, 200g apricots, a few mint leaves
1.Add the quark, yoghurt and icing sugar one by one to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth. Use a knife to cut the wafer logs into small pieces. Dice the apricots and boil with a little icing sugar and water.
2.Place the wafer logs into glasses (serving containers) as the first layer of the dessert, followed by the apricots and the quark cream.
3.Garnish the dessert with blackberries and mint.
Ingredients: 150g flour, 100g sugar, 100g chocolate, 100g AUER Fandoro, 1 egg
1.Crush the Fandoro rolls, and knead them together with the flour, sugar, melted chocolate and egg.
2.Shape the dough into approx. 20 balls. Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and then press them flat.
3.Bake for approx. 15 minutes in a pre-heated oven (electric oven: 175°/ fan heat: 150°/ gas: see manufacturer). Leave to cool and enjoy!
FANDORO RUM BALLS
Ingredients: 80g butter, 2 egg yolks, 150g crushed Fandoro, 1 tbsp. icing sugar, 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, 2 tbsp. rum
1. For the rum balls, beat together the butter and egg yolks using a mixer until the consistency is fluffy.
2.Then add the crushed Fandoro rolls, icing sugar and cocoa powder and mix well again. Finally, stir in a dash of rum to taste.
3.Then leave the entire mixture to cool for approx. 60 minutes (in the fridge).
CRUNCHY WAFER CAKE SLICE MOUSSE
Ingredients: 300g whipping cream, 200g dark chocolate, 75ml milk, 100g wafer cake slices, strawberries to decorate
1. Whip the cream to the soft peak stage. Roughly chop the chocolate. Heat the milk in a pan on a low heat. Add the chocolate and dissolve it into the milk while stirring.
2.Place the resulting mixture into a mixing bowl. Whip the cream, roughly chop the wafer cake slices and mix both together with the chocolate mixture. Then divide up into 4 small bowls (serving containers). Leave to cool for approx. 2 hours.
3.Shortly before serving, garnish the mousse with strawberries and finely chopped chocolate.
Ingredients: 300g almond yoghurt, 200g flour, 1 sachet baking powder, 2 sachets vanilla sugar, 100g Mozart wafer cake slices, maple syrup
1. Place the flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar in a bowl and mix together.
2. Crush the wafer cake slices into tiny pieces and fold them into the mixture.
3. Stir the yoghurt in with the other ingredients until the batter has a smooth consistency, without any lumps.
4. Now cook the pancakes in a non-stick frying pan without oil.
5. Serve the pancakes with icing sugar, maple syrup and lots of love.
Ingredients: 2 egg whites, 1 pinch of salt, 100g sugar, 4 egg yolks, 600ml espresso, 500g mascarpone, 250g wafer logs, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder for dusting
1. Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt until stiff.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl until creamy, and carefully stir in the mascarpone.
3. Then fold the beaten egg white into the mascarpone cream.
4. Allow the coffee to cool. Then briefly dip the wafer logs one by one into the coffee and use them to form the bottom layer in a rectangular dish.
5. Place a little less than half the mascarpone cream on top and smooth it out. Then place another layer of dipped wafer logs on top.
6. Spread out the rest of the cream on top of the second layer and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
7. Leave to cool for 3–4 hours and then serve.
BANANA, CHOCOLATE AND COCONUT CREAM
Ingredients: 2 egg whites, 1 pinch of salt, 100g sugar, 4 egg yolks, 600ml espresso, 500g mascarpone, 250g wafer logs, 2 tbsp. cocoa powder for dusting
1. Mash the bananas using a fork.
2. Add a heaped spoonful of coconut powder and the coconut milk, and stir together well.
3. Very finely crush the Fandoros and fold into the mixture.
4. Leave to cool for 2–3 hours and then serve.
LITTLE CHOCOLATE CAKE
Ingredients: 8 tbsp. flour, 4 tbsp. sugar, 4 tbsp. cocoa powder, 1 tbsp. baking powder, 6 tbsp. milk, 3 eggs, 4 tbsp. oil, 50g hazelnut Fandoro, icing sugar to decorate
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
2. Add the cocoa powder, eggs, milk and oil to the flour and stir well.
3. Crush the Fandoro rolls using a fork and fold into the mixture.
4. Grease the cake tin and spread the mixture into it.
5. Bake at 180° for approx. 20 minutes.
6. Leave to cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy.
Ingredients: 30g oat flakes, 1 egg, 40ml milk, 1 tsp. baking powder, 75g AUER hazelnut wafer cake slices
1. Stir together all the ingredients into a dough in a suitable baking pan.
2. Bake for 2 minutes in the microwave (700 W) OR
3. for 15–18 minutes in the oven (180° fan heat/ 200° top/bottom heat).
Ingredients: 60g oat flakes, 70g flour, 80ml milk, 1 mashed banana, 1 tsp. baking powder, 50g AUER cocoa wafer logs
1. Stir all the ingredients together in a bowl until a dough is formed.
2. Then shape the dough into ten evenly sized circles on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
3. Bake at 175 degrees for 20–25 minutes in the oven (top/bottom heat).
FARMER’S CHEESE CREAM
Ingredients: 250g farmer’s (curd) cheese, 100ml milk, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 packet vanilla sugar, 100g AUER Fandoro hazelnut
1. Put the farmer’s cheese in a tall plastic bowl.
2. Add the milk, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla sugar and mix with the hand-held blender until creamy.
3. Crush the Fandoro rolls with a knife and fold into the mixture.
4. Pour the cream into dessert bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
HAZELNUTS ICE CREAM WAFFLE CUPS
Ingredients: 4 tbsp almond or peanut butter, 4 tbsp honey or rice syrup, 250 g AUER hazelnut waffles, ice cream (e.g. “Hazelnuts Chocolate”), fruit and nuts for garnish
1. Crush AUER waffles hazelnuts in a bowl.
2. Heat the mousse with the syrup in the microwave or in a water bath until both are liquid.
3. Then add to the chopped waffles in the bowl and mix it well.
4. Use a spoon to spread the waffle mixture evenly over six muffin tins, press down firmly, cover with aluminum foil and chill in the fridge for at least two hours.
5. Just before serving, fill each mold with ice and sprinkle with berries, nuts and more.
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
Ingredients for 14 muffins: 200 g Hokkaido pumpkin, 175 g soft butter, 160 g sugar, 2 eggs (size M), 1 pinch of salt, 3 tsp baking powder, 300 g flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 4 tbsp milk, 100 g pack of AUER tree trunks
1. Peel, deseed and dice the pumpkin. Pumpkin pieces in one. Put boiling water in pot. Cook until that pumpkin flesh softens. Pour off the remaining water. pumpkin puree finely with a hand blender. Alternatively, it would also come in Baby jars with pure pumpkin puree (time saving approx. 20 minutes).
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (convection: 160 degrees). For the dough, Mix the butter and sugar, then gradually stir in the eggs. Mix the salt, baking powder and flour with the spices and stir into the batter. Stir in the milk and pumpkin puree. Then Chop up the AUER tree trunks and fold into the dough.
3. Line the wells of a muffin tin with paper cases. Using an ice cream scoop or 2 teaspoons, scoop the batter onto the Distribute molds. Muffins in the preheated oven for approx.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
APPLE AUER PIE
DOUGH: 320 g wheat flour, 3 tbsp icing sugar, 1 pinch of salt, 220 g butter, 2 tbsp cold water
FILLING: 1.20 kg tart apples (e.g. Boskop, Braeburn), 1 lemon, 100 g sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 30 g breadcrumbs, 1 egg (size M), 100 g AUER cake corners
1. For the dough, mix flour with powdered sugar and salt in a bowl. Add cold butter in small pieces. Knead with your hands. Add cold water and knead into a dough. Wrap in foil and chill for about 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for the filling, peel and core the apple and cut into narrow wedges. Wash the lemon in hot water, rub dry and finely grate the zest. Squeeze out the juice and add to the apples along with the zest. Mix in the sugar and spices as well. Then crumble the AUER cake corners and add to the filling.
3. Preheat the oven to I80 degrees top/bottom heat (circulating air: 160 degrees). Grease a quiche dish (⌀ 28 cm). Roll out two-thirds of the dough on a floured work surface thinly and slightly larger than the tin. Lay out the shape with it. Press the edge of the dough. Cut off the excess pastry at the edge with a knife.
4. Roll out the remaining dough thinly and with a knife or pastry wheel in approx. 2 cm
cut wide strips. Prick the base of the dough a few times with a fork. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Fill in the apple AUER filling and press down slightly. Lay the strips of dough on the filling in a lattice pattern, press the ends of the dough down at the edges.
5. Whisk the egg and brush the pastry lattice with it. Bake the apple pie in the lower third of the preheated oven for about 45 minutes. Leave to cool for at least 1 hour. Serve with vanilla sauce if you like. The apple pie makes about 12 pieces.
For 4 servings
250 g flour, 225 g sugar, 300 g chestnut cream, 1 pack baking powder, 1 pinch salt, 1 egg, 120 ml oil, 125 g Fandoro hazelnut, 70 g chopped hazelnuts
1. Mix flour, baking powder and salt together.
2. Beat the sugar and egg until fluffy. Stir in the oil and chestnut cream. Add everything to the flour and mix to form a smooth dough. Preheat the oven to 180° top/bottom heat.
3. Chop the Fandoro rolls and fold into the dough together with the nuts.
4. Use a spoon to place blobs of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
5. Bake chestnut biscuits for about 10-12 minutes.
AUER BAUMSTAMM WAFFLES
For 4 people
4 eggs, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp honey, 160g soft butter, 300g flour, 200ml milk, 200g AUER tree trunks (2 packs), fruit and cream for decoration
1. Mix flour with baking powder and add it to the eggs alternately with milk.
2. Chop up the tree trunks and carefully stir them into the batter. The batter should resemble thick pancake batter, if it is too runny add a little more flour.
3. Preheat the waffle iron and put a ladle (varies depending on the size) of batter in the waffle iron. Crispy or fluffy – decide for yourself when your waffle is ready! Enjoy the waffles while they are still warm!
Ingredients for pancakes:
For about 14 pieces / 4 people
240g plain wheat flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 pinch of salt, 7 Fandoro rolls, crumbled, 2 eggs, 300ml milk, 3 tbsp melted butter + some more for the pan, fruit for decoration
1. Mix flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Add crumbled Fandoros.
2. In a second bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (egg with milk and 3 tablespoons of the melted butter) and pour over the dry ingredients. Stir briefly with the whisk so that the ingredients combine and let the dough rest for about an hour.
3. Heat a frying pan over medium-high and spread some butter in it. Bake the pancake batter in portions, about 2-3 minutes per side. The Fandoro pancakes should be golden brown on the outside. Serve sprinkled with some crumbled Fandoro.
Ingredients for chocolate cake:
4 eggs, 200 g sugar, 200 g flour, 100 ml water (mineral water if possible), 125 ml oil, 1 pack baking powder, 100 g chocolate, 100 g Auer cake wedges, fruit for decoration
1. Cream the egg yolks with the sugar, water and oil. Break up the cake wedges and stir in. Sift the flour with the baking powder and fold into the mixture alternately with the stiffly beaten egg whites.
2. Pour the mixture into a greased baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 70 minutes.
3. Melt the chocolate in the heat bath and cover the cake with it, then decorate with fruit. The dough can also be refined with a little rum flavoring or eggnog.