Baking and AUER wafers – simply inseparable!
The art of baking lies above all in finding the right mixture – of creaminess and crunch, sweet yet airy and light. With AUER wafers this literally becomes a piece of cake. Just give it a go. You’ll love it!
Wafer cake, Carlsbad style
A recipe by Christoph Wagner, Wagners Restaurant Hollabrunn
Ingredients: 150 g butter, 90 g icing sugar, 60 g “Powidl” plum jam, 100 g couverture, 10 g sliced, roasted almonds.
Beat the butter with the sugar, stir in plum jam. Spread the cream thinly on 7 wafer sheets, spread 1 table spoon couverture on top as a second layer. Stack up the 7 coated wafer sheets and top off with the last wafer sheet. Cover top with remaining chocolate, sprinkle with almonds – allow to rest for a good 2 hours in the fridge. May be served as a cake or cut into cubes.
Auer Dekorhippen – semifreddo strawberry dessert
Ingredients: 400 g strawberries, 3 ts sugar, 250 ml cream, 150 ml créme fraiche, 50 g Dekorhippen (wafer rolls), sliced, roasted almonds
Wash and slice strawberries, purée with a blender. Whip cream, fold in sugar, créme fraiche and 300 g strawberry purée. Refridgerate for half an hour. Spread creme in the width of a wafer roll and length to fit on a baking sheet. Alternate layering wafer rolls, remaining strawberry puree and creme. Allow to set in freezer for one hour. Roast almond slices and sprinkle to serve.
Ingredients: 130 g cream cheese, 130 g strawberries, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 packs AUER Tortenecken, powdered sugar, mint leaves
Break AUER Tortenecken into fine crumbs and knead into a mass.
Spread into 1cm thick sheet and cut out round cookies with a 6cm cookie cutter.
Carefully lift the cookies with a spatula and place on a flat sheet.
Refrigerate the sheet with the cookies for at least 30 minutes.
For the cream wash strawberries and cut into very small cubes. Set aside one strawberry for decorating.
Stir the cream cheese until creamy, mix in lemon juice, sugar and strawberry cubes.
Refrigerate the cream also for at least 30 minutes.
Divide cream onto three cookies. Top with another three cookies. If needed smooth out edges. Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes. To finish the sandwiches, dust with powdered sugar, a strawberry piece and a mint leaf each.
Ingredients: 1 lemon, 3 tbsp icing sugar, 200g blueberries, 250ml buttermilk, 350g double cream cheese, 2 packets of AUER Tortenecken
Wash the lemon with hot water, rub dry and finely grate the peel. Juice the lemon. Mix juice with 1⁄2 tbsp powdered sugar. Sort the berries, wash them if necessary and let them drain. Mix the buttermilk with cream cheese and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in half of the zest of the lemon and 2/3 of the blueberries.
Put the AUER Tortenecken in the freezer bag, close and roughly crumble with a rolling pin. Put the crumbs in a form (18x25cm) and drizzle with sugar-lemon juice. Spread the cream on top. Chill the tiramisu for approx. 1 hour.
Dust the tiramisu with cocoa, sprinkle with the rest of the lemon zest and the remaining berries.
Fluff mousse with ice cream cones
Ingredients: 3 tbsp lemon juice, 250g low-fat curd cheese, 88g organic powder erythritol, 4 egg whites, 32g tapioca syrup, 1 packet AUER Eiswaffeln
1. Put the egg whites in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and beat until stiff. Carefully fold in the tapioca syrup, powdered sugar, skimmed curd and lemon juice.
2. Apply layers approx. 1 cm thick on the ice cream cones and top with a large crown. Briefly put the grill function in the oven until the tips of the foam head are slightly brown.
3. Garnish with a filleted lemon or orange wedge.
Ice cookie sandwich
Ingredients: 1/2 l ice cream, 1 packet AUER Eiswaffeln, 1 packet Auer Baumstämme
1. Crumble Auer Baumstämme with a spoon and then mix with any type of ice cream.
2. Place the resulting ice cream in the freezer for 5 minutes.
3. Apply the ice cream cookie filling to an Auer waffle heart and cover with a second waffle heart.
4. Enjoy quickly before the ice cream cookie sandwich melts.
New York Cheesecake
For the ground: 200g AUER Tortenecken
For the crowd: 200g whipped cream, 600g cream cheese, 200g sour cream, 150g sugar, 1 packet of vanilla sugar, 4 sheets of gelatin, 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Line a medium springform pan with baking paper. Mash the cake corners and place in the springform pan. Press the bottom firmly and chill.
2. Beat the whipped cream until stiff. Dissolve gelatine in lukewarm lemon juice. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla sugar together. Stir in lemon juice and gelatin. Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
3. Pour the mixture on the biscuit base and chill the cake for at least 3 hours, garnish and serve.
200g Auer Baumstämme, 200g dark chocolate, 100g hazelnuts, 3 eggs, 150g flour, 1tsp baking powder, 1pinch of salt, 1tbsp cocoa powder, some butter for the pan
1. 150 g of the dark chocolate with the butter melt in a small saucepan. Chop up tree trunks with a knife and add chopped hazelnuts. Let the mixture cool down a little.
2. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt until frothy. Add the chocolate mass. Flour with baking powder, mix the salt and cocoa powder and mix with the mix the egg mixture. Chop the remaining chocolate and fold into the batter.
3. Pour the dough into the baking tray, smooth it out and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
Almond cake with vanilla ice cream
6 eggs, 375 g powdered sugar, 375 g ground almonds, vanilla ice cream,
100 g Auer cake wedges à la Mozart
1. Beat six eggs in a large bowl with the mixer or food processor for a few minutes until you have a neatly frothy mixture.
2. Mix the powdered sugar, almonds and chopped up cake wedges with
the eggs. Continue mixing until you have a viscous dough.
3. Butter a springform pan, pour in the dough and bake for approx. 45
minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
4. Decorate the cake with almonds and serve with a vanilla ice cream ball.